Struggling to write your own articles for your blog? Perhaps our handy article writing tips will help. If you have reasonable writing skills all you need to do is come up with the ideas and make the time to write. Sometimes that’s much easier said than done but not everyone can afford to use an article writing service so here are our tips to help you out:
- Keep a notebook handy and write down ideas when they occur to you – because if you’re like most of us, you won’t be able to remember that great idea you had for an article when you need it! Coming up with a constant flow of ideas can be the hardest part of article writing.
- Set an article writing schedule. Whether you want to write one article or blog post a day or spend two hours a week writing your articles or posts, deciding to devote special time to it will help to keep you motivated.
- Plan your article structure. If you don’t have a lot of writing experience you might be taking much longer to write an article than need be. Learning how to structure an article can save you endlessly rewriting and rearranging your words because they don’t flow well. A simple article should contain an introductory paragraph that announces your topic and let’s the reader know what to expect in your article. The following paragraphs should deliver on that promise. Round off or summarise what you have to say with a concluding paragraph.
- To plan your article structure, write down your title, and then list three or more points you want to make about the subject – you’ll be writing a paragraph about each of your points. Some writers find it easier to write these middle paragraphs first then write suitable opening and closing paragraphs.
- Think of any article you write as being a bit like a newspaper story. You have to grab the readers’ attention with your title. Your opening paragraph should make them want to read on.
- Proofread and spell check before posting or submitting. If you have the time, put the article aside for a day or two and read it again before you submit it. Why? Because while you’re writing everything you write makes sense to you. The information is in your head – but it’s not always on the page. Putting it aside for a while lets you read it with fresh eyes and pick up gaps or errors you may not have noticed earlier. Getting a friend or colleague to read it is another option.
Article writing is a skill. Some master it with ease and others get there with sheer determination and a lot of practice. Many don’t get there at all. If our article writing tips don’t help you, why not try our article writing service instead?